Spicy Beef with Noodles
I haven't posted a recipe in a while, and since this one turned out pretty good, I thought I'd save it for posterity. More onion and pepper would have been better, but I used what I had.
4 oz egg noodles
1 pound precut beef strips for stir fry
red onion, sliced
bell pepper, sliced
one can sliced water chestnuts
ground cayenne pepper to taste
(sliced fresh jalepeno pepper would have been a good substitute)
1-2 tbsp olive oil
I marinated the precut beef strips in a mixture of Teriyaki and Worchestershire sauce with minced garlic and ground black pepper for 2 days, stirring occasionally. I like to start the marinade as soon as I bring home the groceries, then I can cook later in the week when it's convenient.
- Boil the noodles as per package instructions, drain, set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet, and heat to high.
- Dump the beef and marinade into the oiled skillet, stirring constantly for a couple of minutes until well-browned.
- Add the vegetables, turn down heat to medium, stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles, stir well, turn off the heat, and cover the pot for a few minutes. Stir again before serving.