GruntDoc tagged me, so here we go....
1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? Hot chocolate by a nose. It's been years since I've had either.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It sort of depends on how busy Mrs. Claus is...typically most are wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White. We've paid a guy to put them up on the house the last few years. It's way too high for me and good business for him.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? If we do, it's the plastic variety. Like our tree.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The tree is still not up yet. Today is the day, I hope!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Stuffing. I make great stuffing, but only on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
7. Favorite Holiday memory?
2 years ago we had a White Christmas in Houston. It was the first time in recorded history that has ever happened.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think around 3rd or 4th grade I figured out the physics of it all.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
I usually put some of my favorite decorations up, then my wife takes them down and decorates it like she wants. She likes "Old Worlde Santas" and traditional decorations.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it.
12. Can you ice skate? I've never tried. Maybe I could have been a champion....
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My wife agreeing to marry me many years ago. I gave her a ring one yon Christmas eve.
14. What’s the most important thing? Tidings of joy, and lots of good cheer.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My mom's gingerbread cookies. Or her lemon meringue pie. It's a tie.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Santa always leaves some scattered coals near the fireplace after he comes down the chimney. And he never quite finishes the cookie we leave out for him. This may be the last year for that sort of thing, unfortunately.
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? White Christmas
20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum? I'm hopelessly addicted to canes.
I'll tag Nurse Ratched, Shadowfax, Trenchy, Shadowfalcon, and Platy. But please don't feel obligated.
Labels: general interest